Human Resource Services

Home | Jobs@UNI | My Benefits | Forms | About Us
  • Employee Legal Name Change

Employee Legal Name Change


Legal name changes must be made in person by visiting Human Resource Services. For privacy protection, a photo ID will be requested before a change will be made. If you are enrolled as a student, you must also notify the Registrar’s Office of any changes.

Please be prepared for your visit and bring the following materials for identity verification:

  • Photo ID
    (Does not need to show the updated name)
  • Legal document containing the new name
    (e.g., marriage license, drivers license, passport, Social Security Card, divorce decree, etc.)

Upon identity verification you will be asked to complete a Personnel Data Change Form.

Other Name Change Considerations