My Dependent Care Costs Have Changed
A Qualified Life Event - Information and Support for Faculty and Staff
Changes in dependent care costs can happen for many reasons. Due to these changes you are able to make updates to the contributions for your dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA).
- Enrolling your dependent in care.
- Withdrawing your dependent from care.
- An increase or decrease in the number of hours your dependent is attending care.
- A change in costs (i.e. rate increase).
- Adding a dependent to your family.
- Removing a dependent from your family.
All of the above reasons qualify for a change in dependent care contributions outside of a qualified life event. Documentation is not required when making these changes, and you have 30 days to initiate a change.
To Initiate a Change:
- Log into Benefits Self-Service.
- Click on 'Manage My Benefits.'
- Choose 'I am Having a Change in Dependent Care Cost.'
- Your Date of Life Event is the date the changes happened.
- Click 'Continue.'
- Click on 'Change This Benefit.'
- Enter in the new amount you’d like to contribute each month. If you wish to have $0.00 contributions, please click on 'Select Waive or Cancel Coverage.'
- Check the 'I Agree' box after reading the statement.
- Click 'Save Changes.'
- Click 'Submit All Changes.'
UNI Human Resource Services
Flexible Spending Accounts
The flexible spending account page provides information about the dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA).
When You Can Make Changes to Your Benefits
Annual Open Enrollment
If you do not make any changes during open enrollment your coverage selection will remain the same.
Qualifying Life Event
You may also enroll, waive, or change your coverage selection based on a qualifying life event.
How to Make Changes to Your Benefits
UNI Employee Benefits Self-Service
Benefits Self-Service System is designed to help you enroll, make changes, and view your current benefit elections all in one location. For additional support, visit the Benefits Self-Service Help site.