Human Resource Services

Home | Jobs@UNI | My Benefits | Forms | About Us
  • My Benefits | Workplace Accommodation Services

My Benefits | Workplace Accommodation Services

Workplace Accommodation Services

Request a Workplace Accommodation

If you are an individual with a disability, and feel a workplace accommodation is necessary for you to perform the essential functions of your position, it is important for you to disclose your disability. Disclosure simply means to let appropriate personnel know about your disability. Disclosing a disability, if not visible, is a very personal decision. This can be done at any point in the employment process (i.e. before the job offer, after job offer but before employment, or after employment begins).

An employee with a disability who wishes to request an accommodation must contact his/her supervisor or the Leave & Accommodations Coordinator located in Human Resource Services. All University employees in a supervisory capacity are required to report to the Leave & Accommodations Coordinator any request for an accommodation received.

If you prefer to work directly the Leave & Accommodations Coordinator, it is important to know that your supervisor may still need to learn about your disability, in order to appropriately provide an accommodation. The information disclosed will be kept on a need-to-know basis. When requesting an accommodation, you will need to provide documentation of your disability, including limitations you experience in completing the essential functions of the position.

Provided below are forms necessary, to help facilitate this process and gather information.

For more information Contact:
Melissa Ward, Human Resource Services at or call (319) 273-6164.