Stress, Mental Health, and Grief Services
Supporting Services for UNI Faculty and Staff
Free Educational Resources at UNI
MyQuickCoach Learning COVID-19
- Supporting Mental Health While working from Home (17 mins)
- Happiness Tips (3 hours and 31 mins - broken into many short video tips covering many topics surrounding happiness)
- Building Resilience (34 mins)
- Time Management: Working from Home (1 hr 25 mins)
UNI’s life insurance and long term disability (LTD) vendor provides additional support for grieving individuals through Magellan Healthcare.
Your Life Iowa
Iowans can chat live, text or call to get information, research treatment options, and explore nearby help directly through the Your Life Iowa webpage.
Available Quick Screenings
- Do I need to get help? Depression/Suicide Screening
- Am I drinking too much? Drinking Risk Screening
- Is my gambling a problem? Gambling Risk Screening
Healthiest State: Make it Ok
In an effort to reduce the stigma and raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of mental health, the Healthiest State has launched the "Make it Ok" campaign. Visit the Make it Ok webpage for additional information and stories from other Iowans and how they found help and treatment.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 24 hours a day: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Employees concerned about an alcohol abuse problem may contact Alcoholics Anonymous.
Cedar Valley Hospice
Visit the Cedar Valley Hospice webpage to learn about sharing grief and healing with others through local support groups.