Welcome to the University of Northern Iowa! We are glad that you have chosen to be part of our University family. UNI is committed to providing a diverse, dynamic learning environment and is characterized by excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. UNI values putting students first and that cannot be done without hardworking, dedicated, and enthusiastic faculty and staff.
Before You Arrive and Getting Started at UNI
This page has been designed to provide you with some helpful information as a new faculty or staff member at UNI.
- President Nook's Welcome
- Campus Directions & Maps
- New Hire Checklist
- Create a University ID / CatID
- New Employee Paperwork
New employees must complete the required paperwork on or before their first day of employment.
- Form I-9
- On or before your first day of employment, you must complete section 1 of Form I-9 via the electronic I-9 system. Click here for detailed instructions.
- On or before your third day of employment, present documentation to verify your identity and eligibility to work in the United States, in person, to the Human Resource Services office located at 027 Gilchrist between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Copies cannot be accepted.
- Only when you are not physically working on campus to present the documents by the third day of your employment, you may follow the instructions for remote completion of this paperwork. Please notify HRS at (319) 273-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to utilize this option.
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Federal W-4 (PDF)
- State W-4 (PDF)
- Personnel Data Form (PDF)
- Emergency Contact Information Instructions (PDF)
- Form I-9
- New Employee Benefits
- Parking on Campus
- New Hire Orientation - Staff
UNI Human Resource Services coordinates a new employee orientation program, which is offered to all new non-temporary Merit and P&S employees during their first month of employment. Preview the schedule of dates and the agenda here. You will be contacted regarding scheduling your orientation session.
- New Faculty Orientation
- Pay Periods and Pay Dates
- Merit Employment Information
- P&S Employment Information
- UNI Holiday Schedule
- Resources for Faculty & Staff with Disabilities
- Learning & Development
- CatID (MyUNIverse) Password (PDF)
- e-Business Suite
View Quick Reference Guides on how to submit timecards, view leave balances, set W-2 preferences, etc.
Note: If e-Business Suite does not accept your passphrase, please access MyUNIverse and click the CatID Passphrase Synchronization link within the Passphrase Central section.
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- UNI Alert
You will have access to update your UNI Alert information upon receiving an email message that your new hire Personnel Action Form (PAF) has been successfully processed.