Welcome New Employees!
Let's Get Started
Welcome to the University of Northern Iowa. The UNI community works together to provide a learning-centered approach to exceptional undergraduate and graduate education programs.
We are proud of our 140-year tradition of excellence in higher education, as we continually rank among the top three Midwest public universities in U.S. News & World Report’s "America’s Best Colleges" guidebook. We have a rich academic heritage, 100,000-plus alumni, and outstanding faculty and staff working to provide all students with the amenities of a large university in a personalized setting.
Our university community is vibrant and exciting. I invite you to explore the wealth of opportunities available and take advantage of the many activities our university and the Cedar Valley have to offer. I hope you consider attending musicals, plays, student organized events, and intercollegiate athletic events to support our students and engage with the UNI community.
I am confident you will find your professional connection with the University of Northern Iowa to be challenging and fulfilling. Best wishes, and I hope to see you on campus soon.
Mark A. Nook
Before You Begin at UNI
New employees must complete the required paperwork on or before their first day of employment.
- Form I-9
- On or before your first day of employment, you must complete section 1 of Form I-9 via the electronic I-9 system. Click here for detailed instructions.
- On or before your third day of employment, present documentation to verify your identity and eligibility to work in the United States, in person, to the Human Resource Services office located at 027 Gilchrist between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Copies cannot be accepted.
- Only when you are not physically working on campus to present the documents by the third day of your employment, you may follow the instructions for remote completion of this paperwork. Please notify HRS at (319) 273-2422 or email@example.com if you plan to utilize this option.
- CatID (MyUNIverse) Password
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- State and Federal W-4 Forms (PDF)
- Personnel Data Form (PDF)
- Emergency Contact Information Instructions (PDF)
Welcome to Our Team
- Parking on Campus
- Pay Periods and Pay Dates
- Merit Employment Information
- P&S Employment Information
- UNI Holiday Schedule
- Resources for Faculty & Staff with Disabilities
- Learning & Development
- e-Business Suite
View Quick Reference Guides on how to submit timecards, view leave balances, set W-2 preferences, etc.
Note: If e-Business Suite does not accept your passphrase, please access MyUNIverse and click the CatID Passphrase Synchronization link within the Passphrase Central section.
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- UNI Alert
You will have access to update your UNI Alert information upon receiving an email message that your new hire Personnel Action Form (PAF) has been successfully processed.
- Federal and State Labor Law Posters